Swimming Lessons for Children
The Waikerie Community Sports Centre has partnered with Swimming Australia to bring you a new and effective swimming and water safety program, focused on experiential and activity-based learning.
GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
The curriculum covers seven areas of learning that are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development. Key learning areas include:
- Entries and exits
- Floating and sculling
- Movement, propulsion and stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
- Rescue and emergency
- Water safety knowledge
Students Gain Access To
Easy and Affordable Payments
With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via the Junior Splash App.
Download the Splash App
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia's Splash App to enhance parent communication with the Ferny Hills swim school team.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students’ progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
- Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.